Areas of expertise
Resources, Environment, Public Sector
Lisa Wansbrough has been advising public and private sector clients on a range of matters for almost 12 years. Lisa is an experienced litigator and has acted on environmental, civil, criminal and immigration litigation. She spent time working in the United Kingdom as a solicitor for the Secretary of State for the Home Department. In this role she was responsible for defending judicial review claims. In recent times, her litigation practice has included litigation for councils and assisting on environmental appeals.
Recent examples of Lisa's work include:
- Prosecutions under the RMA, Building Act and Local Government Acts on behalf of several councils;
- Undertaking comprehensive bylaw reviews for two councils;
- Successful enforcement proceedings under the RMA, including obtaining an order for indemnity costs;
- Legal opinions on local government, RMA, Building Act and alcohol licensing matters; and
- Advising and representing clients at alcohol licensing hearings.
Lisa won the Senior Law Prize at the University of Auckland in 2006.